A laundry list of celebs, heartthrobs and notable figures got hitched in Vegas.
American singer and Las Vegas headliner Frankie Valli recently tied the knot with girlfriend Jackie Jacobs on June 26 in Las Vegas, the Wedding Capital of the World.
The happy couple exchanged their vows at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino during a monumental milestone for the city in the desert. This September will mark the 70th year since Las Vegas was first referred to by the vaunted title of “Wedding Capital of the World” by London Daily Herald back in 1953.
Lynn Marie Goya, Clark County Clerk, said of the exciting milestone, “As we gear up to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the city’s designation as the Wedding Capital of the World this September, it is so fitting that an iconic celebrity with Las Vegas entertainment ties such as Frankie Valli would marry here.”
Frankie Valli Joins Impressive List of Celebs Who Married in Vegas
Frankie and Jackie are merely the most recent famous couple to exchange vows in the Wedding Capital of the World.
They join an impressively long list of A-list celebrities who have taken to Las Vegas to fulfill their romantic dreams. Here are some of the most notable.
Celebrity Weddings in Las Vegas
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. These crazy kids finally found each other again after 20 years and tied the knot in Vegas on July 16, 2022.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker. People were calling it quits for these two before rumors of them dating had even reached the headlines. But they proved everyone wrong, making it to the altar in Las Vegas on April 3, 2022. Since then, they’ve announced that they’re expecting a baby boy together, the first shared child for the couple.
- Nicolas Cage and Riko Shibata. National Treasure star Nicolas married girlfriend Riko in Las Vegas on February 16, 2021. But Nicolas is no newcomer to a Vegas wedding. This marks his fifth wedding, and second Vegas wedding. His first was in March 2019 to makeup artist Koike.
- Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner. The Gen Z darlings tied the knot on May 1, 2019, at A Little White Wedding Chapel. Joe’s famous brothers attended, and they exchanged vows under the watchful gaze of an Elvis impersonator.
- Kelly Ripa And Mark Consuelos. These two have proven that a Vegas wedding can go the distance. They eloped to Las Vegas back in 1996 and are still going strong after 27 years.
- Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow. The unlikely couple got hitched in Las Vegas in 1966.
- Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman. Carmen and Dennis married in Las Vegas in 1999 after a night of indulgence, but called it quits just six months later.
- Britney Spears and Jason Alexander. Most people probably don’t remember this flash-in-the-pan marriage, but Britney married her childhood friend in Las Vegas in 2004. They annulled it just 55 hours later.
- Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. The Hollywood golden couple married in Las Vegas in 1987 and stayed together for 13 years. But they remain friends to this day.
- Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere. Cindy and Richard married in Las Vegas in 1991.
The list goes on. Now, Frankie and Jackie can consider themselves additions to the list of celebs who turned to Las Vegas to tie the knot.
Getting Hitched in a Historical Place
Las Vegas isn’t just the official Wedding Capital of the World, it’s a place that makes dreams a reality. While the city is known for a variety of different recreational activities, it will always hold a place in the hearts of the world as the best place to get married, especially when you’re tired of waiting for the right time.
In Las Vegas, every day is the right time.
Coming this September, it’s the right time to renew those vows!