Sept. 3 Extravaganza Includes Performances by World-Renowned Artists
The Wedding Capital of the World™ announces the official entertainment lineup for its 70th Anniversary Celebration taking place on Sunday, Sept. 3, at Caesars Palace. The extravaganza, which includes an original vintage Vegas musical production titled “Las Vegas Will You Marry Me,” will celebrate the seven decades of the destination’s reign as the world’s most desirable location for love and romance.
Produced, written and directed by Lorraine Hunt-Bono and Dennis Bono and co-produced by Damian Costa of Pompey Entertainment, the “Las Vegas Will You Marry Me” show features an original signature song of the same name. Sure to be an instant classic, the song was written by celebrated composer and arranger Dan Slider and recorded by Dennis Bono. The full entertainment roster, in order of appearance, follows:
- Dennis Bono, consummate interpreter of the Great American Songbook and host of “The Dennis Bono Show,” which broadcasts worldwide from The South Point Hotel Casino & Spa, serving as Master of Ceremonies and singing the production’s signature song.
- The Bronx Wanderers, 12-time “Best of Las Vegas” award winners, performing a love song of the 1950s.
- Bob Anderson, named the “#1 Celebrity Impersonator” by VH1 and People Magazine, performing a love song of the 1950s.
- The Righteous Brothers—Bill Medley and Bucky Heard—performing a love song of the 1960s.
- Travis Cloer, who starred as Frankie Valli in the Tony and Grammy Award-winning “Jersey Boys,” performing a love song of the 1960s.
- Anne Martinez, headlining vocalist and star of Las Vegas productions including “Bat Out of Hell” and “Baz: A Musical Tour de Force,” performing a love song of the 1970s.
- Earl Turner, named the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s “Male Vocalist of the Year,” performing a love song of the 1980s.
- Clint Holmes, Grammy-nominated and Billboard chart-topping performer, performing a love song of the 1990s.
- Lorena Peril, lead singer of Anita Mann’s hit production “Fantasy” and the upcoming original show, “Housekeeper to Headliner,” performing a love song of the 2000s.
- Chris Phillips of Zowie Bowie—the ultimate, high-energy “Vegas style” concert-party— performing a love song from the 2010s.
“Since Las Vegas claims the title of Entertainment Capital of the World as well as Wedding Capital of the World, this milestone celebration demanded a stellar lineup of luminaries capable of delivering outstanding performances,” said Dennis Bono. “We are confident these talented artists will ensure attendees have a positively unforgettable experience.”
Added Lorraine Hunt-Bono: “The Wedding Capital of the World deserves to be the focus of this spectacular event. After all, weddings generate more than $2 billion annually in economic activity, bolstering countless local businesses.
In addition to “Las Vegas Will You Marry Me,” the 70th Anniversary Celebration will also feature a once-in-a-lifetime mass vow renewal for couples, brunch and a fabulous wedding cake by Buddy “Cake Boss” Valastro’s world-famous bakery, Carlo’s Bake Shop in Las Vegas and more. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth, which provides youth with the help, hope and support needed to rebuild their lives.
“With the 70th Anniversary Celebration quickly approaching, we are elated to announce the star-studded lineup for ‘Las Vegas Will You Marry Me,’” said Lynn Marie Goya, Clark County Clerk. “The monumental event will not only spotlight Las Vegas as the world’s top wedding location but also honor the more than seven decades of love stories and entertainment in our extraordinary destination.”
VIP Couples Packages and general admission tickets to the 70th Anniversary Celebration are on sale now. For more information or to purchase tickets, click here.
ABOUT THE WEDDING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
This September 3, Las Vegas will celebrate its 70th anniversary as the Wedding Capital of the World™. With more than five million “I do’s” and counting, each year Las Vegas conducts more destination weddings than any other place on the planet. For well over 70 years a “Vegas wedding” has captured the public imagination as the ultimate quick, stress-free, fun, glamourous wedding destination. For more information about the Wedding Capital of the World™ or the Office of the Clark County Clerk, Nevada, visit weddings.vegas.